viernes, 4 de abril de 2014

Memories in red

There was a time when I dared to wear flowers on my hair.  My favourite dress was red and it had lots of flowers.  I believed I was precious and beautiful, I still believed I could be amazing.

It was then, when the unmothered child was told she was not beautiful or pretty.  She was persuaded that everyone outside was evil and that there was nothing special about her. It was the beginning of the end and she could only be free through books.

It took me about forty years to realize I am beautiful, amazing, pretty and special.  It took me a long time to accept there is nothing wrong with me.

I would like to travel in time and hold this girl tight; I would like to keep the sparkle in her eyes, the comfort in her heart, and the colour in her wings.

You are nice.
You are smart.
You are beautiful.
You are loved.
You are safe.

Susie 2014

NB : I can see it now.  It was after that birthday, after that year, that I never wanted to wear red again.  I did not like colourful clothes.  I just wanted to become invisible because it looked a lot safer.
So, it is time now to wear red again and to honour the amazing magic woman I have always been.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario